A member asked about 9 years ago

Joint ownership

I own a block of land. I recently got married and want my spouse to own half the land. How can I do this?

Sarah Lessing
Lawyer at Blaak & Associates


A transfer of land can be prepared transferring a half share of the land to your spouse. This transfer will not attract any stamp duty. The transfer will need to be assessed by the State Revenue Office and stamped as non dutiable before lodging the transfer. The titles office fee for the transfer is $92.70.

Answered over 7 years ago   Legal disclaimer


Hire lawyers to solve your legal problem now. Learn more

Other Questions

If you're experiencing any technical problems, please email techsupport@lawadvisor.com.