A member asked almost 8 years ago

Citizenship Application

I have a New Zealand citizenship and have been in Australia for 26 yrs. I have been released from custody and am now detained at a detention centre. My 501 visa has been cancelled. Could I apply for any other visa? I also have 2 kids born in Australia who are under 18.

Christie Gardiner
Lecturer of Law at Australian National University

Without knowing the specifics of your case, there may be options available to you including applying for a further visa or appealing the decision to cancel your former visa.

Are you sure your former visa was called a subclass 501? '501' typically refers to a power that the Minister holds to refuse to issue or to cancel a visa on the basis that the applicant or visa holder fails to meet the character test requirements.

Please feel free to contact me to obtain further specific information.

Answered almost 8 years ago   Legal disclaimer


Hire lawyers to solve your legal problem now. Learn more

Other Questions

If you're experiencing any technical problems, please email techsupport@lawadvisor.com.